Garbage Disposal Repairs St Louis Mo
There could be any number of reasons that your disposal stopped working, from a burnt-out electrical wire to a disengaged flywheel. No matter what the problem is, our garbage disposal repair specialists have all the parts and experience they need to diagnose it and fix it in record time.
Sure, your garbage disposal isn’t a showpiece, but it is one of the most important appliances in your kitchen. It makes everything from food prep to clean up easier and allows you to flush those veggie remnants down the drain. Its position, nestled under your sink drain, gives it the best opportunity to do its job collecting and grinding up food scraps. The electrically driven flywheel turns a set of blades that effectively pulverize most materials that are flushed through. Unfortunately, sometimes your garbage disposal needs repairs.
There are A lot Of Ways your Garbage Disposal can Break
There are several things that can go wrong with standard garbage disposal, including jammed blades, leaking seals, clogs and electrical shorts. The good news is our garbage disposal repair specialists can diagnose and repair most issues in under an hour. While we are making the repair, we’ll also let you know what cause the problem in the first place. Usually, it is either a misuse of the disposal or a worn-out component.
- Clogs and jams are usually caused by fibrous materials like celery or starchy items like cucumber and potato skins. These build-up in the drain line or tangle around the impeller blades and prevent water from going down the drain.
- Hard items like fruit pits can get caught behind the blades and stop them from spinning. This will cause the flywheel to disengage with the motor and result in a whirring sound. Removing the offending material will resolve the problem.
- Leaking seals indicate a poorly installed or worn-out unit. If the seal is worn out, it may actually be more cost-effective to purchase a new unit than to repair the old one since it involves opening the entire machine and at least an hour and a half of labor. A poorly installed unit can usually be remounted correctly.
- Electrical shortages and burnt-out motors aren’t worth fixing. Even if they are fixed, the likelihood of another failure in the next few years is very high. You’re better off having new garbage disposal installed
- We Can Repair Any Brand of Garbage Disposal in St Louis Mo
- Waste King
- General Electric
- And more
We Also Handle Garbage Disposal Installation St Louis MO
Our plumbers do full-line garbage disposal installation. Whether you are looking for a new 3/4 HP Badger unit for your newly renovated kitchen or a smaller ½ HP unit for your wet bar, we’ve got you covered. We aren’t just a residential garbage disposal repair service. We also handle commercial and industrial installations and repairs. Feel free to call us for an estimate for your particular unit.
Contact Our Garbage Disposal Repair Team Today at USA Plumbing Plus `!
Whether you’re ready to get your garbage disposal repair or installation underway, or whether you want to learn more about what we can offer, just give us a call. Our call operators will be happy to walk you through your options, or even get someone on the road. Call us before noon for same day service!